HOLEDECK add value by sustainability during all life-cycle stages of the building
DURING PROJECT DESIGN STAGE
- Built height decreasing. Reduction of façade surface, partitions and many other vertical elements, what means material savings and CO2 footprint decreasing..
- Suspended ceilings can be supressed, decreasing CO2 footprint.( Including fastenings)
- Concrete consumption decreasing for the building completion, related to the HOLEDECK slab voids and the reduction of foundations.
- Decreasing structure self-weight , both steel reinforcement and CO2 footprint can be decreased..
DURING BUILDING PROCESS STAGE
- Holedeck molds are recoverable and reusable in succesive floor construction. It does not stay embedded like other polystyrene or polymeric molds. Big slab surfaces can be built using, little amount of molds.
- Holedeck molds are manufactured with polypropylene , so they are re-cyclable once its life-cycle becomes to end allowing to create brand new molds.
- Holedeck, as cast-in-place oncrete tecnology, employ local resources and workforce. That way, transportation cost are decreased.
DURING LIFE-CYCLE USE STAGE
- Built volume decrease means air conditioning needs and energy waste decrease to keep comfort.
- Services and uses can be reconfigured, without demolition nor big intervention, extending life cycle of the building.
- Due to its balance between volume and surface, Holedeck mass can be thermal activated acting as a radiant ceiling taking advantage of thermal inertia of the slab.
- Due to its registability and easy-to-clean maintenance , HOLEDECK reduces Sick Building Syndrome risk.
- Sustainable ventilation sistems are suitable with Holedeck, thanks to plenum air distribution or fabric and washable air ducts. Also thermal recovering systems are allowed.
HOLEDECK is a sustainable technology that improves energetic behaviour of buildings approaching to various cetification standards.
NZEB Y PASSIVHAUS
The term NZEB (Nearly Zero Energy Building) refers to buildings that present a very high level of energy efficiency and almost zero energy consumption that must come mostly from renewable sources, produced or in the environment.
Holedeck utilization is aligned with energy-waste decreasing in architecture.
The 40% of the energy consumed in the European Union is in construction. Its decrese is a priority in order to reduce this energy dependence. For this purpose, European Directive 2010/31 / EU relating to the energy efficiency of buildings was published, whereby, all member states should take steps to ensure that from the year 2020 all new buildings will have nearly zero energy consumption (and from 2018 for public buildings).
Energy consumption of a building includes building process, as well as energy demand and maintenance during life-cycle. From an holistic approach of sustainability by dercreasing, HOLEDECK improves behaviour in all phases.
– PASSIVHAUS :
The Passivhaus certification is a global benchmark for obtaining certified passive buildings. Supervised by the Passive House Institute Germany, seeks to achieve the highest comfort of the inhabitants of a building with a constructive design of the building that allows a significant reduction in energy consumption.
A certified Passivhaus building maximizes the climatic conditions of an area, sun, light, temperature, orientation, etc. For heating or cooling without using active resources or energy.
A key point of the philosophy of Passivhaus Institut since its inception is designing and constructing buildings low consumption at affordable costs, therefore employing Holedeck can achieve a Passivhaus certification for a building.
HOLEDECK slab design has been specifically developed to provide easy setting of high perfomance air circulation systems, including thermal recovering systems.
ENERGY CERTIFICATION: LEED, BREEAM
The LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a method of evaluating sustainable buildings through objective design patterns and quantifiable parameters.
The final evaluation of the LEED certification is given by the USGBS (U.S. Green Building Council), independent association that associates participating agents on sustainability and construction nonprofit that promotes the implementation of practices of excellence in design and sustainable construction.
The LEED certification is based on the incorporation in the project of aspects related to:
- sustainable development of open spaces in the plot
- the efficiency of water use
- energy efficiency
- the use of alternative energy
- improving indoor environmental quality
- the selection of materials and waste management in construction
Holedeck involves potential improvement in the process of assessment of buildings for LEED certification:
The BREEAM certification (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology) is the set of standards created by BRE (Building Research Establishment), English nonprofit entity, whose activity is focused on education and research for sustainable building and regulates its environmental certifications.
BREEAM assesses the environmental impacts in different categories, ranging from urban planning to the new building and the existing ones.
The evaluation method depends on the systems and criteria to analyze, depending on the different building types and their use, in order to optimize the performance evaluation of different types of buildings and / or sites.
BREEAM analyzes the different requirements of sustainability according to the different phases of the construction from design to execution of the work and subsequent maintenance.
- DOWNLOAD BROCHURE