Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/asociac3/holedeck.com/wp-content/plugins/email-before-download/includes/class-email-before-download-db.php on line 56
Holedeck delivers value by offering sustainability during the entire life-cycle of the building
DURING THE PROJECT'S DESIGN STAGE
- The height of the building is decreased. Also, reduction of façade surface, partitions and other vertical elements, result in material savings and a reduction in the CO2 footprint.
- Suspended ceilings can be removed, decreasing CO2 footprint.( Including fastenings)
- Reduction in concrete consumption , necessary for the construction of the building, results from the voids in the slab and the reduction of foundations.
- The structure's weight is reduced , as well as steel reinforcement comsumption, all resulting in a reduction of the CO2 footprint.
DURING THE BUILDING PROCESS STAGE
- Holedeck moulds are recoverable and reusable in the construction of successive floors. They do not stay embedded like other polystyrene or polymeric moulds. Big slab surfaces can be built even with, a small amount of moulds.
- Holedeck moulds are manufactured with polypropylene , and are therefore recyclable once their life-cycle has come to an end , meaning they can be used in the fabrication process of new moulds.
- Holedeck, as a cast-in-place concrete technology, employs local resources and workforce. That way, transportation cost are decreased.
DURING THE USAGE STAGE
- By reducing the volume built, there is a decrease in the need of air conditioning and, therefore, energy waste.
- Service facilities can be reconfigured, without demolition or big interventions to the building, extending it's life cycle.
- Due to the balance between volume and surface, the Holedeck slab can be thermally activated, acting as a radiant ceiling, taking advantage of it's thermal inertia.
- Due to its registrability and easy-to-clean property , HOLEDECK reduces the risk of the Sick Building Syndrome.
- Sustainable ventilation systems are suitable with Holedeck, thanks to plenum air distribution or fabric and washable air ducts. Also, thermal recovering systems are compatible.
Holedeck is a sustainable technology that improves the energetic behaviour of building's, which approach various cetification standards.
NZEB Y PASSIVHAUS
The term NZEB (Nearly Zero Energy Building) refers to buildings that present a very high level of energy efficiency and almost zero energy consumption. The energy consumed comes mostly from renewable sources, produced in situ or in the environment.
The employment of Holedeck is aligned with the reduction of energy-waste in buildings.
The 40% of the energy consumed in the European Union comes from construction. Its decrease is a priority in order to reduce the existing energy dependence. For this purpose, the European Directive 2010/31 / EU relating to the energy efficiency of buildings was published, whereby, all member states should take steps to ensure that from 2020 all new buildings will have nearly zero energy consumption (by 2018 for public buildings).
Energy consumption of a building includes the construction process, as well as the energy demanded and maintenance required during it's life-cycle. From a holistic approach of sustainability , by achieving reductions in many aspects, Holedeck improves behavior in all phases.
– PASSIVHAUS :
The Passivhaus certification is a global benchmark that recognizes passive buildings. Supervised by the Passive House Institute of Germany, it seeks to achieve the highest comfort of the inhabitants of a building with a constructive design that allows a significant reduction in energy consumption.
A certified Passivhaus building maximizes the climatic conditions of an area, consdering the sun, light, temperature, orientation, etc. It also consideres heating or cooling systems that do not require active resources or energy.
A key point of the Passivhaus Institute is to design and construct buildings of low consumption at affordable costs, therefore, employing Holedeck can achieve the Passivhaus certification of a building.
Holedeck slab design has been specifically developed to provide the easy installation of high performance air circulation systems, including thermal recovering systems.
ENERGY CERTIFICATION: LEED, BREEAM
The LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a method of evaluating the sustainability of a building through objective design patterns and quantifiable parameters.
The final evaluation of the LEED certification is given by the USGBS (U.S. Green Building Council), an independent organization that inlcudes agents participating on sustainability and the construction of nonprofit projects that promote the implementation of practices of excellence in design and sustainable construction.
The LEED certification is based on incluiding in the project aspects related to:
- sustainable development of open spaces
- the efficient use of water
- energy efficiency
- the use of alternative energy
- improving indoor environmental quality
- the selection of materials and waste management during the construction
Holedeck involves potential improvement in the process of assessment of buildings for LEED certification in:
The BREEAM certification (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology) is the set of standards created by BRE (Building Research Establishment), an English nonprofit entity, whose activity is focused on education and research of sustainable buildings and regulates its environmental certifications.
BREEAM assesses the environmental impacts in different categories, ranging from urban planning to new and existing buildings.
The evaluation method is selected considering the system and criterias to analyze, depending on the different building types and their usage, in order to optimize the evaluation of the performance of the different types of buildings and / or sites.
BREEAM analyzes the different requirements of sustainability according to the different phases of the building, from design to execution, and subsequent maintenance.
- DOWNLOAD BROCHURE